The Giftler is supported by wonderful readers like you. We may receive compensation from our retail partners if you make a purchase after following a link in this post.
The 2nd anniversary gift is traditionally something made of cotton, which offers plenty of surprising options for those willing to venture beyond the predictable. Lucky for you, we’ve searched far and wide to put together this list of unexpected and romantic second anniversary gift ideas. While the first and tenth anniversaries might get all the attention, you’ll score extra points by really nailing the anniversaries in between.
Here are a few favorites, all made of cotton (or a close relative), that are sure to leave your spouse feeling appreciated!
2nd Anniversary Gift Ideas: The List!
1. Vintage Denim: Find the Perfect Pair
The right pair of jeans can make even the most style-challenged spouse look like a fashionista. Whether your partner dresses like Lucky Blue Smith or your grandmother Edith, their wardrobe will surely benefit from an injection of vintage denim. The thing is, it’s got to fit just right.
Here are three ways to pull this one off perfectly:
- TheRealReal – Luxury denim at consignment prices. We’re not kidding when we say they have a huge selection: 15,000+ pairs of jeans at last check. Not to worry, it’s easy to use the categories at left to narrow down the list to find the perfect pair.
- Surf and the City – Awesome selection of vintage women’s designer jeans in all sizes and tons of 5-star reviews. Secretly check the measurements on her favorite pair of jeans to get something that’ll fit just so.
- Do a Yelp search for the best vintage clothing shops in your hood, then set aside an afternoon to shop together. Extra credit if you make a gift certificate.
2. Luxurious Sheets: Sleep Like Royalty
If you haven’t already splurged on fancy bed sheets by your 2nd wedding anniversary, you’re missing out. Thread count certainly matters, but it’s not the only thing you’ll want to pay attention to. Sheets made from true Egyptian cotton with a lower thread count are often softer than those with a higher thread count made from a blend of cotton and other materials. Sateen weaves are supple and shiny while a percale weave will be crisp and more likely to hold up to repeated washing. Jersey sheets are really soft, just like your favorite well-worn t-shirt.
Make the right choice and the benefits to your marriage will extend well beyond a good night’s sleep! Here are some of our favorite options for swanky sheets at various price points:
- Authenticity 50 – Made in the USA and free shipping and returns. Good budget option: Signature Sheets in white.
- Brooklinen – No retailer markup and free shipping. We like the Luxe Core Sheet Set at a 480 long-staple thread count.
- Frette – Want that high-end hotel feel? For big spenders only! Italian made, starting at $600: Luxury Sheet Sets.
3. Snazzy Shirts: Freshen Up His Closet
Lots of guys are reluctant shoppers at best, so a second anniversary is a good excuse to swap in some new styles.
- JackThreads is a safe and affordable bet since you’ve got 30 days to return whatever doesn’t fit just right.
- Frank and Oak has some unique corduroy shirts and a good selection of flannel and print options, some with swanky elbow patches to boot.
- If you want to make it super easy on yourself, go the subscription route with Trunk Club, Bombfell, or the more budget-conscious Five Four Club.
4. High-End Hammock: Swing in Comfort
When was the last time you kicked back in a hammock? Get one that’s big enough for two to keep your sweetie close and warm whether you’re deep in the backcountry or chilling in the backyard.
- Yellow Leaf Hammocks are stylish and sturdy with free returns and free shipping. The St Lucia (shown above) is cool looking and comes in an extra large King size too. Or go with the classic cotton rope look instead.
- Short a couple of trees? You need a hammock with a stand. The Grand Cayman is modern, sleek, and affordable.
- LL Bean’s Quilted Sunbrella Hammock isn’t technically made of cotton, but it’s probably close enough if you like the look.
5. Couples Glamping Tent: See The Stars in Style
True, most camping tents aren’t really made from cotton anymore. But if glamping is more your style, then you’re in luck because these extravagant Sibley Ultimate tents are 100% cotton. They’re not a cheap 2nd anniversary gift but once you’re all set up in the wilderness, you may never want to leave.
6. Personalized Canvas: Wedding Song Stanzas
While canvas used to be made mostly from hemp, it’s now made from cotton. That opens up all kinds of creative possibilities to give customized artwork for a 2nd anniversary gift. CanvasVows will work with your ideas, generate a proof quickly, and then get your one-of-a-kind custom gift printed and shipped pronto. Wedding vows and first dance song lyrics are both great options. Or go with whatever else you can dream up!
7. Cotton Pushpin Map: Remember Where You’ve Been
The popular Etsy shop PushPinMap will customize a canvas map to just about any request. You choose the words across the top, like “Where Our Love Has Traveled” or “Our Bucket List” and they’ll make and ship it to you in 1-2 weeks. They’ll throw in 100 push pins so all you frequent flyers can keep track of your journeys together. There’s also a National Park edition for outdoorsy folks!
Every map is made to order, printed on cotton and mounted on high-quality foam backing. They ship free and owners Ashley and Eric sport tons of 5-star reviews from happy second anniversary gift givers!
Did We Miss Your Favorite 2nd Anniversary Gift Idea?
Tell us about it in the comments and we might include your suggestion in our regular post update!
First Anniversary Gift Ideas: Paper
The first anniversary gift is tricky. Most things made of paper aren't exciting. Not so with these 14 creative paper anniversary gift ideas.
3rd Anniversary Gifts: 17 Ways to Surprise with Leather
Leather is the tried and true material of choice for 3rd anniversary gifts. Why mess with tradition? Here are 17 favorite gift ideas, all made from leather.
10th Anniversary Gift Ideas: Diamonds!
The 10th anniversary gift used to be aluminum, but we all know she's really expecting diamonds. So don't let her down. Here are 11 ideas she'll love!